Black Swan Health Ltd¬†is the lead agency selected in WA to establish a new program of youth focused clinical services, headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program (hYEPP).
hYEPP is an innovative initiative funded by the Australian Government (Department of Health) designed to ensure there is an early intervention and responsive, and recovery focused care for young people aged 12 ‚Äď 25 years who are experiencing a first episode of psychosis or at ultra-high risk of experiencing psychosis.
About the Role
The clinician will participate, as part of a multidisciplinary team, in providing comprehensive, specialist and early intervention mental health service to young people aged 12-25 years who are referred to the Continuing Case Management team of the hYEPP service.
As part of the multidisciplinary team, the clinician will coordinate comprehensive, specialist and early intervention mental health care and provide specific psychological and psychosocial interventions tailored to meet the individual ¬†needs of young people who are referred to the hYEPP service and within an optimistic, hopeful recovery framework.
- Relevant Professional/Tertiary Qualifications and membership¬†with AHPRA or AASW
- Significant experience in the application of evidence based clinical practice in the complex mental health field.
- Experience in the coordination of individualised psychosocial interventions.
- Proven ability to act autonomously as well as work collaboratively with other clinicians.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act including proposed reforms and the Children, Youth and Families Act and any other relevant legislation
- Demonstrated experience to engage with young people, their families and /or significant others.
- Police Clearance, Working with Children Check and valid driving license.
- Experience in the application of evidence based clinical practice in first episode psychosis (highly regarded)
Benefits & Culture
- An attractive salary package consisting of base salary, superannuation and salary sacrificing arrangements will be offered.
- Working with passionate and highly motivated team
- Challenging and continuously improving clinical environment
- Based in Osborne Park with free parking
- Full Time position (Part time may be considered 0.6 minimum)
Black Swan Health Limited is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. We welcome all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
If you are interested in this opportunity please click here for a full job description, or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include (in one file) a covering letter accompanied by your resume.¬†Part time hours also considered. Applications close 14th August 2017.